!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Strict//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-strict.dtd"> Thai Music: Palmy

Thursday, November 16, 2006

Palmy

Palmy- Yark Rong Dunk Dunk

Here's another popular Thai song sang by Palmy, in which the song was infused and translated into many other languages, showing the increasing popularity of Thai pop and its identity to the world. Notably it was translated into chinese and sang by XiaoXiao
Xiao Xiao - 蕭蕭 - Love To Wonder (A Warm Version)

Here's the chinese verison


Palmy - yoo tau dai reu plow - อยู่ต่อได้รึเปล่า

Another song by Palmy with traditional thai folk infusion or luk thung infusion (can you stay) here's the lyrics about leaving a girl's reluctance for her lover to leave the countryside for the city

Ter, ja rob guan ter mahk pbai mai
Am I bothering you too much?

Hak wa ter mai reep pbai nai
If I ask you not to go too soon

Yahk hai yoo gub chun dai mai
I want you to stay with me, can you?

Hai rao dai kuey gun gorn
So that we can speak to each other

Rao tee kob gun ma teung wun nee
We've been seeing each other up until now

Bohk dai leree chun roo seuk dee
I must say, I've been happy

Yahk hai ter dai roo suk tee, dai pberd hua jai
I want you to know, I want you to open your heart

* (Thae ter yoo) dai reu pblao
So can you stay?

Ter nun mee toora arai reu pblao
Do you have anything else to do?

YOo duay gun suk puk neung dai reu pblao
Can you stay and relax with me for a while

YOo nung kuey sabaai sabaai hai rao rien roo gun
Sit and speak openly so that we can learn about each other

Rao jahk tee keree glai chid pook pun
We've been close before

Yahk hai rao pben mahk gwa nun
I want us to be more than that now

Yahk hai ter dai roo juk chun
I want you to get to know me

Mahk gwa tee keree roo juk
More than what you know

Chun yahk hai rao dai chai wun nee
I want us to use today

Bohk rueng raao tee rao thang mee
to tell each other about ourselves

Hai hua jai dai roo seuk dee mahk gwa tee keree
I want our hearts to be happier than we've been

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home