!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Strict//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-strict.dtd"> Thai Music: Love songs

Thursday, November 16, 2006

Love songs

Bird - sunya tong pen sunya (สัญญาต้องเป็นสัญญา)

This is one of many love songs that have invaded Thailand and Thai identity in the 1990s. The undoubted King of Pop, Bird Thongchai Mcintyre. Thailand, in the rising of the middle class and facing economic problems, sought out loves songs to express themselves.

In a way this song can also be about leaving thinking back of peasant life.

Here's the lyrics
Dai bok gub ter wun nun, bok ter hai jum ao wai
I told you that day, I told you to remember

Teung yung ngai ja cha yung ngai gor thong ma
No matter what, no matter how long, I will return

Glub ma jer ter wunnee glub ma tham kum sunya
I've returned today, returned just like I promised

Pood gun thorn ja rumla, gorn jak gun pbai
We said those promises right before we parted

R1

Thae chun roo chun roo muen chun hai na pbai nan
I know that when I left for such a long time

Aud doo muen chun, chun la ting sunya tee bok pbai
It might have seemed like I was breaking the promise

Thae hen mai, hen chun mai, wah chun keu kon derm
But do you see me? I'm still the same person

Glub ma laaw lae mai keree ja pblien pbai
I have returned and my heart never changed

Chorus

Sunya thong pben sunya
A promise is a promise

Sunya wah ma thong ma
I promised that I'll return and I must

Mue rai tee krai hai kum sunya tong ruksa dee dee, duay hua jai
Every time someone makes a promise, he must keep it with his heart

Mee jai thae ter tao nun tee fao od ton ror chun
You were the only one who continued to wait for me

Chun eng gor fao ror, nun muen ter
I myself have been waiting just like you

Yahk glub keun ma throng nee, yahk glub keun ma pope ter
I want to return today, I want to return to meet you

Nub wun dai pob jer, mai thang gun leree
Every passing day is the same for both of us

R1

Chorus
Laew took took krung took krung tee rao jer
And every single time that we meet

Chun kor hai roo hai roo wah jing jai
I want you to know that I'm faithful

Took toy kum tee keree pood wai,,,
Every time that I speak the words...

Chorus

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home